Active Youth for Europe, as the Hosting Organization, is currently looking for 2 ESC volunteers for a project called “Volunteers for peace” in Santa Maria la Carità, Naples, Italy.
HOSTING ORGANIZATION: Active Youth for Europe
PLACE: Santa Maria la Carità, Naples – ITALY
ACTIVITY START DATE: 15/07/2019
ACTIVITY END DATE: 11/03/2020
ACTIVITY DURATION: 240 days (8 months)
VOLUNTEERS: 2 Volunteers resident in EU country
DEADLINE APPLICATION: 20th June 2019
APPLICATION CONSISTS OF: CV, motivation letter and small presentation about an activity (more information below)
APPLICATION SENT TO: firstname.lastname@example.org (Object: ESC VOLUNTEER JULY)
PROPOSED VOLUNTEER ACTIVITIES:
– to help young people better understand what hate speech is, to understand the implications for society and to be able to distinguish it from freedom of speech;
– promote media literacy, safe and tolerant use of the Internet;
– introduce young people to the “No Hate Speech Movement” of the Council of Europe;
– promote tolerance, mutual understanding and dialogue among young people;
– to organize Peace Festival;
– support organization and implementation of parties and workshops: suggest and implement ESC volunteer’s own ideas for events, support the organization and logistics of parties and workshops for general public;
– support in researching and arranging itineraries for cultural visits, selecting and preparing the groups for departure and set up meetings for evaluation and exchange of contacts/photos and socialization;
– front office and back office work: reply to requests of information of general public, preparing press releases, etc.
All activities will be held in the office situated in the city center of Santa Maria la Carità or in Castellammare di Stabia.